Monday, September 3, 2018

AMST 300 Blog 1


I am a typical essay researcher. The most I have ever researched anything outside of being for a paper was last semester in AMST 490 preserving places and making spaces in Baltimore. I actually found out that researching can be a lot more fun than the typical internet searches. Research can be interviewing people, diving into historical documents at the local library’s and even just walking the streets and observing the area. I really enjoyed taking that class and it gave me a new perspective of researching. As for this class I am interested in seeing how the research skills I learned last semester can help me with my research paper. As I am on the elementary education track I would like to research something in education, more specifically problems we find in special education. I have worked in the special education field for quite a few years now and have come across some important topics I think may be interesting for me to conduct my paper on. There is a lot of controversy about inclusion classroom and if the students are really getting the education they need to be as successful as possible. A working title I may consider is Inclusion classrooms and teaching: Helpful or Harmful. I would like to focus on something within this topic because I am receiving my teaching certificate for general elementary education but plan to continue my education into special education. With a duel certificate like this I will be likely to become an inclusion teacher at some point and I would like to have background research on how helpful I could be to my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment